We require students to
- Maintain an excellent record of attendance and punctuality to ensure qualification as a full-time student (ref: Sixth Form Attendance and Punctuality Policy).
- Dress in a smart and professional manner at all times, in line with the Sixth Form Dress Code.
- Wear the ID badge at all times.
- Use study time wisely and productively, in order to undertake independent learning and to reinforce the skills and knowledge related to my courses.
- Meet deadlines set by staff for the purpose of effective continuity in learning.
- Consider, always, my responsibility to the whole school; to pupils in the main school, to my peers, to the staff and to the wider community (ref: School Behaviour Policy)
Students are asked to make appropriate choices of clothing from the list below. Clothing choices should be modest, respectful and in keeping with the traditional values and ethos of the Ripley St Thomas community.
|All students choose items from the following list:||*Not allowed:|
|Business style suits comprising:|
|either matching or complementary business style jacket||Very short/tight/ruched dresses or skirts|
|Tailored trousers||Jeans or cargo/combat style trousers|
|Dress or skirt (minimum knee length or midi)||Ripped tights|
|Leggings/flared leggings/skin tight trousers|
|Clothing made of leather, denim, pleather, PVC, sheer/revealing fabric|
|Plain or patterned collared shirt worn with tie (short or long sleeved)||Logos or slogans|
|Plain or patterned blouse top (short or long sleeved)||Low or cropped tops|
|A plain, fine knit round-necked or v-necked jumper or cardigan may also be worn under the suit jacket in colder months||Tops with spaghetti straps|
|Matching or complementary waistcoats worn under the suit jacket are also permitted||Strapless tops|
|Smart shoes suitable for an office setting||Trainers/converse style/canvas or rubber shoes/flips flops/sandals/sliders/crocs|
|JEWELLERY AND HAIR|
|A small single clear nose stud may be worn||Ear spacers|
|Multiple facial piercings|
|No extreme haircuts or colours|
|No visible tattoos|
|No facial coverings|
|Outer wear coat worn over suit for cold and wet weather||Hoodies worn as coats (with or without zip)|
*The list of items of clothing “not allowed” is by no means an exhaustive list. The school reserves the right to add items to this list at any time if they are deemed to be not in keeping with the values & ethos of the Ripley community.
If you have any questions or are unsure if a particular item is appropriate for school, please speak to Mrs Abell, Mrs Blundell-Roberts or Miss Apsey before purchasing/wearing to sixth form. In cases of financial hardship, please see Mr Sim.