Frequently Asked Questions

Please do not hesitate to contact us if your question is not addressed below.

  • You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:

    • Universal Credit with a household income of less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
    • Income-Based Jobseekers’ Allowance
    • Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
    • Child Tax Credit, not entitled to Working Tax Credit and household income less than £16,190
    • Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
    • Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
    • Income Support
    • Working Tax Credit ‘run on’ – the payment you receive for a further four weeks after you finish work

    Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify, contact the Area Education Office, White Cross Education Centre, Quarry Road, Lancaster 01524 581112 or 01524 581163 or Ripley St Thomas CE Academy who will help you to register.

  • Please contact the Progress Leader via ParentLine.

    Check names at

  • Please see our admissions section for details on joining Ripley in the Academy or Sixth Form.

  • We strongly advise that any family holidays are not taken during term time as this detrimental to your child’s education. The academy’s holiday dates are on our website, please check before booking.

    If you do decide to book a holiday during term time, you will need to download a Leave of Absence Request form and return it to the school’s attendance officer to request permission. Lancashire Education Authority will assess any requests of leave during term time and will decide if any penalty is to be applied.

  • If your child has an appointment, please contact us via ParentLine or write a note and send it in with them. We ask for confirmation of any medical appointments with a card from the receptionist at the surgery/ practice.

Not answered your question?

Contact us for more assistance